Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Irniaruunga

I created my first podcast today! Here I am, introducing myself, my life, and my likes and dislikes in Yup'ik. Here's a transcript (in English) of what I'm saying (more or less)...

"I am Irniaq. I work at Akiuk School. I am a teacher. I am from Kasigluk. My husband is Peter and my daughter is Claire. When I have nothing to do, I play with my baby, hang out with Sugturneq (Pete), play with my cat, kayak and read. I like living in Kasigluk and teaching at Akiuk."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tammy,
How proud I am to be your mother. Your story brought tears to my eyes because you are such a dedicated person to the children and community of Kasigluk and to your family. Your Yupik brought back memories of my visit to the village and I feel lonesome for everyone. Remember that your mom and dad love you and your family beyond what these words can say.

Donna McLavey said...

Dearest Tammy,
I am very proud of you and enjoyed hearing in Yupik and reading in English your story. Your dedication to your work, the village, and your family brings tears of pride to my eyes. Your dad and I think the world of you, Peter, and Claire.

jogger mom said...

this sounds really cool! I'm impressed.

buggz said...

u should let someone teach u how to speak in yupik. i don't really like speaking in english. lol...its hard. some say i don't have a hard time. but i do. :P...and yeah. it was cool meeting pete and qerrat'. make me miss my lil sisters and brothers at home.

Irniaq said...

akleng!
Well, if you miss them too much, you can come play with Qerrat'!

ana-boi said...

how u make a podcast mon?! hows kasigluk? anything interesting? excited for x-mas break?

Irniaq said...

if I can remember how to make a podcast, I'll show you sometime. ; )

Happy Slaaviq! We'll be home soooon...